These instructions are for Windows XP. For assistance with another operating system, please contact Socket Technical Support at 1-800-762-5383.
1. Click Start, then Control Panel.
2. Double Click on Network Connections (If you do not this option, click Classic View).
3. Right click on the Socket icon, then click on Properties.
4. Connect Using - your modem should be listed here. Click on Configure to change the modem properties.
5. Modem Configuration should match the following settings:
- Maximum speed (bps) = 115200
- Hardware features - all boxes checked
- Show terminal window - not checked
- Enable modem speaker - checked
6. Click on the Options tab at the top. The first, second, and fourth options should be checked.
7. Click on the Security tab at the top. Typical should be selected and under Validate my identity as follows: you should have Allow unsecured password selected. All other settings should be unselected.
8. Click on the Networking tab at the top. for Type of dial up server I am calling, it should have PPP: Windows 95/98/NT 4/2000, Internet selected. To check the PPP settings, click on the Settings button below that box.
9. Under PPP settings, make sure the first and the third options are unchecked and click on OK
10. In the component box, Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and Client for Microsoft Networks should be checked. To check the TCP/IP properties, highlight Internet Protocol and click on the Properties button below the box.
11. Make sure Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically are selected. If you are having trouble with web pages not loading and email failing and can get to web pages by using the IP address(i.e: 126.96.36.199 for Yahoo!) then you would want to specify the DNS addresses here. Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52 Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206
12. Click on the Advanced tab. When you are finished, just click OK at the bottom.