These instructions are for Windows XP. For assistance with a different operating system, please contact Socket Technical Support at 1-800-762-5383.
1. Click Start, then Control Panel.
2. Open up Network and Internet Connections (Or Internet Options).
3. Click on the green arrow next to Set up or change your internet connection (Or Internet Options).
4. Click on the Connections tab and then click on the Add button. If there are any unused dialers in the Dial-up and Virtual Private Network Settings window you will want to highlight those individually and click Remove.
5. The New Connection Wizard should appear. Click on Next to continue.
6. Select Connect to the Internet and click Next.
7. Select Set up my connection manually and click Next.
8. Select Connect using a dial-up modem and click Next.
9. Type in Socket for the name of the connection and click Next.
10. Type in your local access number for Socket and click on Next.
11. Type in your username and password. Remember: Leave off the @socket.net and type everything in lower case letters, no spaces. You will also need to type your password again in the Confirm Password box. Make sure the first box is unchecked and then click Next.
12. If you want a shortcut placed on the desktop, check the box and click Finish.